How to cook Kimchi pinoy style

kimchi pinoy style
Kimchi is a traditional fermented Korean dish which is also popular in the Philippines. It is made of cabbage with a variety of seasoning and different spices. In the Philippines, I have so many friends who are so fond of eating this popular Korean food, that's why I myself also tried eating this kind of spicy food. Kimchi is very good, it's a vegetarian and a healthy recipe. It is very spicy as it turned my eyes red and teary as well as it almost made my ears blew smoke. Though I'm not that good in eating spicy food, I still want to try it again so I would be one of my friends who are "in" and lucky to learn to eat this very healthy food.
 One time when I turned my cable channel to QTV 11, (I just can't remember the title of the show) but it was Grace Lee (ang koreanang may pusong pinay) who was teaching the procedure of cooking kimchi. I was so impressed by the way kimchi is being processed especially knowing that it has to preserve in the refrigerator for days or even for weeks to make it more delicious. 
I got more interested about kimchi so I called a friend who knows how to prepare this food and she taught me how. This kimchi procedure is not pure korean style since korean spices are usually unavailable in the country. It's a pinoy style kimchi that comes from the good heart of filipinos.

Ingredients are:
  • 1 kg. cabbage (petchay bagiuo is the best)
  • 1 tbsp.rock salt
  • 5 cups water
  • 1 medium sized minced ginger
  • 5 cloves minced garlic
  • 3 tbsp. of fish sauce or patis
  • 1 tbsp ground black pepper
  • 2 tbsp. of chili powder
  • 1 tsp. sugar
Procedure:
  • Dissolve salt in 5 cups of water
  • Mix  all the ingredients
  • Put the clean cabbage in a bowl. Do not cut the cabbage.
  •  Gradually spread the mixed ingredients on the cabbage
  • Store the finished product in a tightly closed container
  • Cut the kimchi and serve cold
Find Kimchi related products at Amazon

Related Posts
Previous
« Prev Post

Random Posts

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks