Champorado, all time favorite this rainy season


Rainy season is here! I wonder what would be the best recipe that would exactly match to cold weather this rainy season. I asked my little bossings what they want to eat when it rains. They all shouted in synchronization...champoradooooo!!! Yeah right! champorado is the all time favorite of Filipino kids.

There are many ways of cooking champorado, some adds Milo or Ovaltine instead of using cocoa. Some say that cocoa has a sour after taste, but for me, it depends on the brand you are using. I'm using only one cocoa brand in my champorado and it's Boston cocoa. It never fails me to make a perfect sweet champorado.

The other secret in my champorado recipe is the added small amount of salt. Salt serves as the sweet enhancer to your dish. actually I always do spreading small amount of salt in every sweet dish I make.

Champorado Ingredients:


  • 1/2 kg. glutinous rice
  • 10 mg Boston cocoa
  • 1 small can of evaporated milk
  • a pinch of salt
  • 1/2 liter of water
  • 150 grams white sugar


Cooking Procedure:


  • In a casserole, boil glutinous rice in 1/2 liter of water for 15-20 minutes
  • In a mixing bowl, dissolve cocoa powder in a half cup of hot water
  • Add the dissolved cocoa in glutinous rice while it boils
  • Stir constantly to prevent it from sticking at the bottom of your casserole.
  • Now add the sugar and let it boil for a minute
  • Add a pinch of salt the stir
  • Remove from heat
  • Top with evaporated milk
  • Serve hot



Related Posts
Previous
« Prev Post

Random Posts

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks