Chicken Adobo Pinoy Recipe
Add caption



Adobo
 is a famous Filipino dish. In fact, it became the trademark of Filipino culture.

Adobo recipes can be applied in different foods like chicken, pork and even vegetables particularly swamp spinach (kangkong) and string beans (sitaw).  Adobo is one of the few recipes that does not spoil quickly (except for vegetables), in fact, it is best eaten after 2 to 3 days so that the spice is thoroughly absorbed by the meat. I tried to preserve adobo outside the freezer to try if this is true, and yes it is! but preserving adobo in a room temperature has one very important guideline: you have to cook it gradually and thoroughly.

Today, I want to share my own way of cooking chicken adobo. It's very simple and low cost but I could say that this is the best adobo you'll ever taste. This recipe is made especially for my kids who are certified picky eaters. A regular adobo is just a blend of salty and sour taste but my adobo is different because it has the classic taste plus a touch of sweetness added that blends with a moderately spicy taste.

We only need a few ingredients to cook chicken adobo


Ingredients:

1kg. chicken leg or special cut thighs
1/2 cup of soy sauce
1/4 cup of vinegar
1/2 tbsp. of sugar
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 big onion
5-6 cloves minced garlic
a small amount of seasoning mix
2tbsp. oil

Some people add a small amount of water, but I prefer to cook it with soysace, vinegar, and oil as it gives a better taste that goes deep to the bones.

Procedure:

Step 1: marinate the chicken soy sauce, vinegar, pepper, and seasonings. Leave for an hour or if you can, marinate it overnight would be better.
Step 2: On a pan, saute garlic, onion, and the marinated pork and chicken meat
Step 3: Simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken released its oil.
Step 4: Remove from heat.
Step 5: Let it cool and serve.

Share and Enjoy your adobo!

Related Posts
Latest

1 comments

August 29, 2021 at 11:36 PM

Hello,I want to share some information on your blog on how financial situation can be set free with the help of a kind and honest loan lender (Pedro Jerome) and his working team for granting me a loan at 2% rate.
I'm a young entrepreneur who was desperately looking for a business loan to fund my project. Then I came to know Pedro, a loan man from the USA who granted me a loan of 4 Million USD with simple loan terms.
You can contact him on pedroloanss@gmail.com Or WhatsApp Call: +1 863 231 0632 to obtain your loan.

Reply
avatar

Random Posts

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks